Friday, August 03, 2012

Hands-On Makeup Course @ MALswisse


Some months back, a girlfriend asked a few of us girls if we’d like to buy a groupon voucher for a makeup course! Now given the me from 3 years ago, I’d have shrugged you off and asked, rather rudely, for what? But since this year I’ve made a resolution to try NEW things, so I thought, heck, there’s no reason to say no. I mean, it’s high time I be a girl already! So after a few exchanged of giggly words, we bought the voucher and waited breathlessly for the day(s) to come. OK, it was just me being all breathless and jakun-ish. Zzz.

A little background - the course was conducted by MALswisse at Empire, and was divided into 2 lessons (dates of our choice) and all three of us chose Saturday afternoons; each lesson was about 3 hours long. The first lesson talked about skincare, you know, from makeup removal to double cleansing (very important!), and all that. I counted, a total of 9 steps, and that should equate to about plus minus 9 products per routine? Like, seriously? So that confirms what people say about being a girl is not cheap. 

The second lesson taught us the basic makeup technique and this, confirms what people say something about there’s no ugly girls but lazy ones. 

And that’s the grand summary of my experience! Haha! Oh I forgot to mention that the promotion cost around RM45 per pax through groupon, if my memory serves me well.

The lessons were pretty fun; there were less than 10 of us in both lessons, so it was cozy and that made me feel less shy to talk back ask questions. The trainer, Sharmaine, was friendly too, which made the whole experience very enjoyable, even more so when I went with friends!

Now, I’m not a full-makeup-on-everyday kinda girl, but at the end of the course, I was more confident with applying makeup on my own, especially applying liquid/cream foundation and eyeliner - the 2 steps that I'd avoid at all cost because did I tell you before? That once, I got a complimentary full face makeup at Stila's counter, and I was to attend a wedding after that. Half way into the wedding, where I've greeted like a gazillion people, I decided to pay the loo a visit, and by golly when I saw myself in the mirror I almost died! My lower eye lines "dropped" and I literally looked like a Red Indian ready for war with all the under-eye war paint. What truly killed me that night, was that when I asked Jason why didn't he tell me that I looked like some crazy woman?! His answer, was as epic as epic could ever be - "well, I thought it's supposed to be like that!". Man, srsly? -___- I died a million times that night, till this day, the thought of it is enough to kill me another million times T____T Since then, I avoided eyeliners like... like... you would a terrible ex from a bad romance. Ah. Those young, ignorant days! We shall reminisce in another post now, shall we not?

SO ANYWAYS! I’m also diligently practicing double cleansing now and I remind myself everyday to moisturize; seriously, the lack of moisturizing is the downfall of your skin. Hello flakiness!!! I think if we do the cleansing and moisturizing steps well, good skin is achievable, no matter how terrible your skin is currently! 

So yeah, coming back to the course, personally it does feel good to be back in a learning setting, given a chance, I’d do this kinda short courses again! Whether to learn, to update ourselves, or simply to network, they are all pretty good reasons to go out and just have fun! :)

MALswisse conducts various beauty courses, do check them out! 





p/s thanks for the fun girls! :)

2 comments:

ms.bulat said...

Your skin looks good already :) may I know what is double cleansing.? (another lost soul here haha)

leishia said...

hey girl!!! aww so nice of you to leave a comment here! :) welcome!

uh my skin looks good *here* because my face was fully painted? hehe got foundation on lah!

double cleansing is erm... you cleanse your face 2 times with a cleanser and and a washing lotion, or some sort.... i know it sounds harsh to your skin, but if you choose the right mild products, it's really not that bad given how your face is covered by pollutant from the day. just make sure to moisturize after! :)

i think i'm sounding like a grandma ady! hehe let me research more maybe i can *ahem* play pro and make another post on this whole cleansing thing! :p