Tuesday, September 22, 2015

5 Beauty Tips To Save Mommy’s Time & Keep Her Sane

Being a helper-less mom with 3 kids under 6 to care for, one of which is still a breastfeeding infant, a husband to cook for, a few business ventures to manage (and trying to keep them afloat!), I tend to get frustrated about how I’m always the last one to get ready for anything; and by then, because we are already pressed for time, I’d be thankful to be able to have my teeth brushed and have on my tattered jeans (it’s fashion. I insist) and a clean top. Any top, with no stains and doesn't smell like sweat and yesterday’s dinner and is within reach.

See the thing is, let’s do real here. It’s a ginormous lie if I say I am happy enough to just see that everyone in the household is happy as a lark because mama has cleaned and fed them, never mind the fact that I'm still in my dirty pajamas and starving like a wolf. You know the saying “a hungry man is an angry man”? Yeah, newsflash, it applies to women too.

Truth is, I feel like I keep giving all of me 24/7/365/forever but no one is taking care of me in return and that bums me a lot. The “what about me?” syndrome unconsciously saps my energy and makes me grouchy, which I realized, it has got to stop at some point (at least don’t let it happen so often haha).

So then I figured if anyone would take care of me is really, myself because hey, I don’t think I’d trust my husband to actually dress me or that I would take any beauty advice from my 4-year-old (who thinks wearing a purple leggings under a floral dress is a must).

I started doing “things”, practical little things, to help save me time and they actually work for me. Here I'm sharing a few tips and I hope they will save your life too, well for a little while at least.

1.   Eyebrow embroidery

That’s my first plunge, a little pricey, I admit, but for the long run, it saves me time and money to buy eyebrow pencils AND sanity!

I did some research and found one technician who offers an affordable price, is skilled, and comes with good reviews. The result? Best decision I've ever made in my entire career as a mother! Now, I don’t need to stand in front of the mirror for hours trying to get that perfect black caterpillars (according to my girls) drawn on my brows, and then only to have my hair all pulled out because I got so frustrated with the results of my rushed, shaky hands.

2.   Eyelash extension

This is still on my to-do list. But same theory from above applies here too. With this, you won’t need to bother about curling your eyelashes plus it gives the illusion of you lining your eyes, so that’s cool. This will give you that put together look even without makeup on. But this might require a little more effort to maintain, I understand that you will need a touch up every 1-2 months.

3.  Invest in your hair

I just came back from the salon 2 days ago and I am slapping myself silly for not getting this done earlier! I mean, I felt like a whole new person after I emerged from under my hairstylist’s hair dryer. And I was excited. And happy. And I just love my new do!

But the thing is, I didn't do much – just a digital perm and hair treatment, and I now rock a head of soft curls that lends me an edgy but romantic look. And! Permed hair needs no combing! Ding! Ding! Ding! Just get a good curling lotion, rub it on after hair wash, blow dry (or not hehehe), and you’re good to go. And this means, you skip the step where you need to style your hair before heading out! That just-wake-up-bed-hair-beach-waves is forever in trend ladies!

Note:  remember only use a wide tooth comb to detangle your wet hair. The tip is to smooth out all the tangles while in the shower with hair conditioner, after wash, comb it through, and then curling lotion and don’t touch it any more lest you break up your curls and waves, leaving them looking scruffy and that perm might just won’t last as long.

If perming is not your thing, then do consider relaxing your hair (a treatment term, not literally relaxing. Your hair. Ok never mind, just ask your hairstylist.), the effect is natural-looking straight hair with good bounce and volume. Or even just get your hair a trim and color. Instant lift let me assure you. If all else fails, this leads me to tip numero four.

4.  Buns
Like, literally hair buns. Youtube tutorials are abound on the internet land teaching hipster girls ahem like us how to give that X factor to our go-to hairstyles – ponytails and buns. Master one or two quick tricks, couple it with cool accessories like a pair of big assed sunnies/aviators-only-cool-kids-wear, and let me congratulate you for being the yummiest mommy ever gracing the wet market.

5. Long term hair removal maybe?
I haven’t got this done but am toying with the idea. This essentially cuts down my time in the shower because well, no shaving needed! There are tons of beauty salons out there that offer hair removal services which you can check out. Keep an eye out on groupon, et al too for good deals. I heard the current on-trend technology is electrolysis? If you have done it, share your views!


There. 5 tips. Do you have any to share? Do mommies the world over a big fat favour and add on to the list by sharing your tips down below at the comment section! :)

1 comment:

Emil Thomos said...

I’ve always been quite untrustworthy of online logo design websites and online based logo designers as you can’t work with them physically and you’re not sure whether they’ll get the job done properly or not. But Scott from the logo designing team convinced and assured me that they’ll try their best to produce the best possible result from our collaboration. The design process itself was pretty simple and easy to go through and I received the first draft within 3-4 days, to my surprise. I had a few alterations I wanted to make to the design, and they cooperated with me and made the changes accordingly. I have to say, I was more than satisfied with the end result and the way Scott guided me for the usage of the logo design. Keep it up!
affordable logo design
cheap logo design