Friday, August 27, 2010

KL Mini Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 @ Artista Restaurant & Bar

Speaking of going out more, thanks to Terence’s invitation, 2 weekends ago we went for the KL Mini Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 (what a mouthful!) at Artista Restaurant & Bar with Ju and Vincent. And boy was the music fun, even for an amateur like me!

I must say I didn’t enjoy the first 2 opening acts much, but when Terence’s band, The Terence Chong Blues Band, came on, I felt they just got everyone hooked lah. Dude, I never knew you were that good! :)

The whole gig and venue weren’t very baby friendly (too loud and cigarette smoke), so Jason had to take Frappy out for window-shopping instead (the place was located inside Tropicana City Mall). But a quick browse through the restaurant’s menu, I thought it looks quite promising. Must. return. try. food. weee! All we ordered was some brownies + vanilla ice cream (the ice cream was yum!) and a cup of latte to share, not bad at all.

We didn’t stay till the end of the gig as the next day was a work day for Jason, which was a disappointment because the music just got better. But that couple of numbers they covered already got Ju and I all pumped and excited! And Vincent said “it got crazier” after we left. Man! -_-

But all in all, it was a fantastic experience and I’m definitely looking forward for more of such outings/gigs.

No comments: